|About AWT - Our Business|
Posting Your Travel Articles on AWT
Once you have registered for a free account at Active Woman Traveler, you can post articles, photos, and videos. Although the Page Editor is fairly straightforward, these instructions can provide additional guidance in publishing to our site.
Using the links on the web site's left column, Log In, then click on Share Your Story.
Top Block Editing Options
1. Set title (be brief).
2. Check Front Page with Yes.
3. Choose Section & Category.
Article Editing Options
4. Add article, typing in the article field directly or pasting unformatted copy.
5. Put the blinking cursor at a teaser spot near the front of the article; click on the Read More icon at the bottom of the page.
6. Add bio, if desired.
7. Add links as desired: highlight text to link and click on chain-link icon.
8. Add pictures using small tree icon at top.
Right Side Editing Options
9. Leave publish date and create date as is, unless you want to schedule for a future date. If so, change both to that future date.
10. Insert Metadata Information (important to help search engines to find you), both description and keywords.
11. Hit Save.
More Detailed Instructions, If Needed
1. Title: Pick something descriptive, snappy, and not too long.
2. Don't click Save till you're all done!
3. To enter your article in the article field, either type directly in or copy and paste from an e-document such as Microsoft Word or WordPad. (Hints: remove all formatting if copying from a Word document for a clean, crisp article! Also, choose the Paragraph formatting at top right of editor bar for best copy layout, and Heading 1, 2, 3, etc. for title & other headings.)
4. To add a link: Highlight the words you want to link, then click on the little icon that looks like 3 chain links with a +. Type in the URL (address), set Target as Open in New Window, and type in a Title (optional).
5. To add a photo: Put your cursor where you want the photo to appear. Click on the image icon (little bitty tree) at the top of the article editing section. At the middle right of the pop-up menu, click on the tiny gray folder with green arrow to upload a photo. In the new pop-up box, click Add (to browse), choose your file(s), then click Upload. (Make sure your files aren't too large or they won't upload.) Click on the image name in the middle column of the Image Manager—that will fill in the URL at the top of the Image Manager. Alternate text is like a title for the photo. Dimensions should be 500 or less (500 takes up the entire middle column, so 250 is usually max for a photo in a story). Alignment is usually Left or Right; Margin is usually 10 or less on all sides. Then click Insert at the bottom.
6. Among the icons at the bottom of the article editing section is a Read More icon. This is beneficial to use about 3 paragraphs into your article, at a good "teaser" spot, to direct readers to a page that is your article only. Click J Comments On if you want readers to be able to comment on your article.
7. If you'd like, add your bio, possibly a pic, and a link to your web site and/or e-mail at the bottom of each article, to help promote yourself!
8. Pick your Section, your Category; click Yes for Published and Show on Front Page.
9. Optional: In Start Publishing, you can change date if you want it to go up later instead of right away. You can also set a date to stop publishing if you want (for a dated event or sales special, for example).
10. Description is a one-sentence summary of your article.
11. Keywords are any important words that appear in your article that will help web browsers discover your article as they surf the web.
12. Hint: metadata information is important for search engine optimization!
WHEN YOU'RE SATISFIED WITH YOUR ARTICLE, RETURN TO THE TOP TO CLICK SAVE.
Have fun creating your pages!
Articles will be approved by our staff. All appropriate articles will be published within the next 48 hours and promoted through several different p.r. channels.
Active Woman Traveler Posting Links
Registration is required and is free. Click here for the ActiveWomanTraveler.com article posting page.
V Magazine for Women Posting Links
Articles and event announcements of interest to a general female audience, including profiles, business news, points of view, health, fitness, style, parenting, relationships, and much more, can be posted free at MyVMagazine.com.
Registration is required and is free. Click here for the MyVMagazine.com article posting page.
|< Prev||Next >|